Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rainey Reunion: June 28-30, 2013

52 of the 65 Raineys who attended!


Early Friday morning my mom, Embry and I flew to Kansas City for the Rainey Reunion. My grandparents picked us up at the airport and we headed back to their house for about an hour. Then we headed over to Albany, MO where the reunion was being held. (It was my grandma and her five siblings home town.) We checked into our hotel for the weekend and then family started trickling in. 

Overall, the reunion was great, but I felt so sick it was not as enjoyable as it should have been. On top of that, Embry did not sleep great either night we were there. She was up twice both nights and one night wouldn't settle down after 90 minutes so I finally brought her into my bed and we slept until 6:30 am. 

On Sunday we had a few hours back in Kansas City back at my grandparent's house before our flight and I ended up going to Urgent Care. Turns out I just have a bad virus, but no bacterial infection! (Boo- I wanted antibiotics). Sore throat, fluid on my ear drums, congestion, cough, etc. I'm still feeling pretty bad, but think I'm on the mend! Grandma actually went to Urgent Care with me and got stitches in her finger, which she had cut on our car ride home from Albany, MO. 

I'll let the photos do the talking for the details of the reunion! 


 
On the flight to KC!

Grandma Great was there to greet us at the airport!
Storytime in the car

At Grandma and Grandpa Great's house
Four generations
Happy girl to be in Albany, MO
Mommy, Mimi, and Embry's room for the weekend
E sure loves her Mimi!

We took our travel highchair and loved it!

Embry LOVES older kids! She so wanted to play with the big girls!

Little cuddle monster with her two lovey bears...all squished in the corner!

Happy girl in the morning after a not so great night!

A restaurant in town opened for breakfast just for our BIG family! (Embry AGAIN looking at the big kids)

Watching a video of herself!

Meeting cousin Rex (I think a third of fourth cousin) who is a few weeks older than E!

And they're off!

After morning nap in the hotel

Mimi, Emmy, Grandma Great, and Great-Great Aunt Peg

Going to visit the Albany Cemetery

Kind of morbid, but the Premers plot.

Cuddles with Mama after her afternoon nap

More fun with the big kids

Poor Embry got no attention....haha

Lauren and Emmy

Where did my yogurt melt go?

Still working on our table manners! No feet on the table, E!

TWO loveys! Haha!

Breakfast on Sunday morning


Great Uncle Mark and Great Aunt Jacki!

Big girl!

Sleepy girl in the car on the way to Coffey, MO

We veered a few miles off our path to visit Coffey, MO where some other relatives are buried...including my great-great grandmother who I'm named after!


Back in the car with Mimi entertaining Embry

Her first pallet! Napping at the Premers house Sunday afternoon on a pallet. She did great!

Last meal in Missouri, dinner at IHOP!

Trying on one of our many gifts! New shades!



Grandma after her stitches and our trip to Urgent Care

At the airport for our flight Sunday night.


What a fun trip!!!

I have a bunch of videos from the weekend!!

Embry babbling at the reunion...



Embry reading at the Premers...



Embry thinks Mimi is funny...


Embry playing peekaboo in the car...








Embry wanting to play with the big kids...



Embry crawling with Rex...


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling all that great during this trip, but it looked like you had a lot of fun anyways. And looking at the bright side, at least it wasn't Embry who got sick and needed to take a trip to urgent care, right?

    ReplyDelete