Wednesday, September 5, 2012

34 Week Appointment

Doctor's Appointment

On Labor Day I hit the 34 week mark; only six weeks to go!

Today I had my 34 week appointment and everything was good. My blood pressure was a tad high at first when the nurse checked me. I talked to my doctor about it and she said it was good, but high for me since I have had fairly low blood pressure. My doctor checked and it was back into my normal range (124/70).

Embry's heartrate was "in the 140's" and I measured right at 34 weeks.

I am going to have a sonogram in two weeks to estimate her birthweight to see if an induction needs to happen. I have heard varying opinions on these 'birthweight sonos' and they don't seem to be very accurate. In a way I hope she looks big, so we can pick the day she's born =). Also, starting in two weeks, I'll go in for checkups weekly until she is born.

 

Other Pregnancy News...

I have definitely hit the "I'm done being pregnant" wall!

New developments I'm not loving-
*Heartburn, oh my! Tums are my new best friend!!!
*Achy legs at night. Sleep used to be something I realllly looked forward to each night, but it's now become quite uncomfortable. Frequent bathroom breaks and very achy legs.
*Just feeling BIG! I crack up when I look back at my blog posts from 3 months ago when I said I felt big... oh to only be 20 weeks pregnant again! Hah!
*Shortness of breath. I know it's totally normal, but it's so odd to feel like I can't catch my breath. Can't wait until my lungs have room to fill all the way again! =)

Jacob and I have been going on a 3 mile walk most evenings with Athena. It's definitely a much slower pace...about halfway through I get a Braxton Hicks contraction that seems to last the rest of the walk, but at least we're out movin! I haven't been to the actual gym in a few weeks...but I hear walking is the best thing to do during pregnancy anyway.

Embry is quite the mover and shaker. I keep reading movement should be slowing down as the baby gets bigger...not Embry! A few nights ago I had the remote on my tummy and she kicked so hard it wobbled off! Jacob is convinced she's trying to break out! Last night I was sitting about 10 feet from Jacob and he could see my belly bouncing around. She's a wild woman!

I've for sure started having Braxton Hicks and have been for a few weeks. Nothing regular or painful, just definite tightening of the stomach multiple times a day.

Now for the lovely photo of the week!


34 w, 2 d

We had some help taking the photos today...

Labor Day

We spent our final weekend out of town before Embry arrives at the Fanning Lake House. We arrived midday Friday and stayed until fairly late on Monday! It was the perfect relaxing weekend!

We took two long boat rides, did some crafts (yes, even Jacob!) and lounged on the beach! Perfection!

Getting dried off.

Jacob making a bow for Embry all on his own (wouldn't let me help at all)

The final product! (basketball ribbon with a green center)

Perfect day on the beach

Family photo



Hip pup

Theenie and Auntie Ruthie
Jacob and the 8th graders (James, Jono, Jake and Austin)

Cooling off mid boat ride

We got to spend one day with Kayce and Blake Higgins, Jacob's half sister and brother

We had an eventful ride back to Dallas on Monday evening... We were on a highway going through a small town and a truck with a trailer carrying four-wheelers swerved into our lane causing us to spin out and end up off road in a ditch. We did not roll or hit anything, so it could have been WAYYYY worse. For the most part it just scared us! A ton of nice people stopped and called 911. I was checked out by the EMS and was okay. My blood pressure was high, but I knew I was just shaken up. We blew a tire and dealt with that for about two hours before getting back on the road home. The rest of the ride home we kept saying how much worse it could have been; we feel very lucky!! Now, we're in Dallas for the long haul until Miss Embry makes her debut! The next time we'll leave town will be Thanksgiving to go to Austin!

Well that's all! I'll be back in two weeks with nursery pics!!!! And an update on our 36 week appointment and sonogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment