Sunday, June 7, 2015

Everything Embry: June 7

23 Week Update

Monday we had our two monthly baby appointments; one with my OBGYN and one with the Perinatologist (high risk OBGYN). Jacob was able to come to the Perinatologist appointment where we had a sonogram to see our little guy! He's doing great and Dr. Rinehart reassured us everything was looking "perfect"! I think they said he's measuring 1 pound 4 ounces. His overall size was measuring 23 weeks when I was 22 weeks 3 days along, so we may have another big baby again!

When Embry and I headed down to see my OBGYN she said she's been thinking and would like schedule my C-section for 38 weeks, not the typical 39 week C-section. She said she would check with my hematologist and Perinatologist to make sure they were on board, but since I'm on blood thinners, they don't want to risk me going into labor. So off we walked to the surgery schedulers office and booked a Friday September 18 C-section, 10:30 am!  

As for me, all is well...I am trying to be super strict on my Gestational Diabetes diet and haven't cheated much besides sneaking some chips at the lake house over Memorial Weekend. I've only gained 8 pounds so far since my first appt at 4 weeks pregnant and haven't gained any weight in the past month, so I think the GD is a blessing in disguise! Hah! I'm totally feeling the baby kick all the time and you can finally now feel it from the outside! If possible, the Lovenox shots seem to be getting easier and just aren't a big deal. With how horrible they were for the 3 months post-partum with Embry, I couldn't even think about doing them my whole pregnancy. But honestly, it's no biggie...minus the friggin' cost! =(



 

Embry loves to "sit on her baby brother"

And smooches =)

Summer Days

It was a perfect summer week- sunny weather and lots of fun outside outings- three different splash parks, the Children's Garden at the Dallas Arboretum and the Dallas Zoo!




Splash park friends- Caroline, Nola Kate, E and William


Children's Garden at the Dallas Arboretum



The three amigos









We brought the kids swim suits so they could fully enjoy the splash area at the end!

E loves Baby Bonnie!


That afternoon we went to our neighborhood splash park with Eliot!

For old time sake...E&E at the splash park in 2013!

Ready for a day of baby wearing at the zoo

Wearing her baby doll.....#DallasBIG

Watching the penguins with her baby

The Labrador and cheetah besties!


William checking out the gorillas


Embry and William feeding their snacks to the crocodile

Riding the dino train!




RUNNNNNNN!!!! LOL




Playing in the Children's Zoo "river"


Hugs for William



Petting zoo

Carousel selfie!



Splash park with Daddy is way more fun than with Mommy ;)






School News

I think I've mentioned that Embry is on a waitlist for a Mother's Day Out program for the fall. It's the perfect program for us; perfect location (about 2 miles away- a whole two stoplights from our house...and we can even sneak through neighborhood), it's where we do MOPS so she already calls it her school and loves the classrooms and teachers, and the cost is incredibly affordable. Well I got a call Monday afternoon that there was still no guaranteed Fall/Spring slot available, but a Monday only spot became available for the summer session and that would guarantee her  spot in Fall to go Mondays and Wednesdays. I told the woman I didn't think I wanted it because I wanted this last summer with Embry all to myself, but that I'd let her know in 24 hours. Turns out Jacob talked me into it and she starts Monday June 15! Our Mondays usually consist of a day full of errands anyway- it's our grocery store, bank, dry cleaners, etc. day- plus Jacob said I could use some time alone to rest before baby comes. So I'm fully on board now and looking forward to my 5 hours a week where I can get a bunch done, alone!

Photos


Reunited with Daddy last weekend after a week apart!

Normal bedtime attire?

Crafts....allllllll day long. When we're at home she requests doing "caffs" all day!

And then sometimes her crafts won't fit into the right envelopes....and it's pretty much the worst thing ever.



More crafts for our busy girl

"Coffee" (chocolate milk) with Mommy- she thought she was soooooo cool!

Visiting our friend Cash (4 mo old!)

Bell pepper thief

Growing out of her Minnie nightgown from Mimi, but not wanting to give it up


Neighbor cookout =)



Videos
























No comments:

Post a Comment