Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nursery Progress

I think this is my favorite post I've gotten to share yet! These past few days my mom has been in town and we've been crazily working on Embry's nursery! The room has made a complete transformation as it used to be Jacob's office, painted a serene green/gray. Well not anymore! Pink has hit our house! A few neighbors who have come by have all said the same thing- "Whoah, it's PINK!"

Here is a quick shot of what the room looked like before...



To give you an idea of our color scheme, here is the fabric her bedding will be made out of. I wanted something with a crisp, white background and something not too pink, since I knew we'd be painting pink! I also love the touches of the robins egg blue!



And now for the best part, pictures!
Welcome to Embry's Room!


The light, sheer curtains, rocker and chandelier!
(The bassinet will not stay in here when she arrives)

One of my favorite parts, the book shelves!

The crib, minus her bedding which should arrive in late August!
Also, will do some wall decor above the crib!

This table was in our guest room, it now holds some trinkets from my nursery when I was a baby and one of my other favorite things, my $3.00 thrift store lamp that I spray painted!

The robins egg blue closet! So fun!

Our craigslist steal, the $100 cherry wood dresser/changing table
(I have some fun wall decor in mind for above the changing table!)
The knobs we found at Hobby Lobby to match the bedding!

The most fun part of the nursery- the chalkboard door!
(We painted the door with chalkboard paint!)

Here are a few pictures taken at night. Trying to capture the true colors of the room is tough!


One of my favorite views! I love the contrast of the blue and pink!

The dresser in the closet was actually my dad's as a baby!
So fun to be able to have meaningful pieces in the room

I love the soft, sheer curtains with the crisp white curtain rod!

I also took a little video tour of the room in hopes that it makes the colors look a little more true. Although, I think the pink walls look a little light in the video!


And last but certainly not least, a picture of me and my mom on Day 3 of Nursery Transformation! Couldn't have done it without her! She painted, hung every book shelf, hung the light and curtains, and helped me get the room organized! Thanks Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment