Monday, June 18, 2012

Crib and Mother's Day/Father's Day


Crib

Our first major baby purchase arrived this weekend: The Crib!

We ordered it on Tuesday and wasn't expecting it for a few weeks. It was pretty surprising when FedEx delivered it Friday afternoon! We still haven't fully cleared out the nursery (Jacob's old office), so it's a little crowded in there right now!

Labor of Love: Crib Set Up

Putting on the final touches

The crib!

Love the classic look of the spindles

Mother's Day/Father's Day

Mother's Day fell on Jacob's graduation party. Luckily both of our moms were in town and we got to have a mini celebration right before the party started. Jacob gave me a new Willow Tree figure for my collection and I LOVE it! It's perfect!



This past weekend was Father's Day and we had a nice, relaxing weekend at home. I had traveled for work 8 of the past 10 business days and it was nice to have no plans! We will be going to Austin next weekend to celebrate with each of our fathers! For Jacob's gift, I gave him a set of books.


One being a cute board book I couldn't resist, "Daddy Kisses". Second, "Go, Dog, Go" was one of my all time favorite books to read with my dad when I was little. I told Jacob my dad and I still probably have the thing memorized! ("Do you like my hat?") And last, a book I had heard about and thought would be perfect for Jacob to read with a baby girl on the way, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters".


That's all for now! I will be back next week with a 24 week update. I have my blood glucose screening next week and will have Jacob snap a 24 week photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment